Tuesday 23 October 2012

Colours of Emotion


Which way does the tide go
 Like brown rustling leaves
 With black clouds hanging
With no shades of grey
A day with no colours

As I laid on my bed
And closed my eyes
I hear a howling sound
Like that of the wind
Rushing out of an entrapment
And while I yet wondered
What had chased it,
It hit me!,
It wasn’t the wind
 It was the sound of breathing
 Of desperate anxiety
Wondering how soon before this gloom ends

Which way does the tide go
 Like the sprouting of lush green leaves
With patches of bright red and loud yellow
 A singing heart
On a perfect day

While in limbo,
In that blurry space,
Between sleep and consciousness
a sonorous voice
Said all so sweetly
 "soon it will be spring
There will be fresh buds of emotion
 the beauty of a perfect sky
And alas! a harvest of love"



3 comments:

presh said...

Do I love dis or what!oh awo u make me sad and den so happy.I love ur work and this colours of emotion reflect on us sometimes buh like u said'there will be fresh buds of emotions and alas!a harvest of sweet sweet love.I can't wait*grinning

awolanye said...

thank u presh....

chucha said...

While I love this piece I kept askin for it not to end...way to go darlin...keep it coming I'm so inspired. And Presh u on point